- NEW Weekly Wednesday Video Cover YouTube Series
For this new weekly video series, I'll be delving into my video and audio archives to uncover performances of some of my favorite songs by other artists. Each Wednesday around lunchtime, you'll find a new, old favorite--with a fresh introduction by Yours Truly. Watch below, and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Album Release Party Pictures
The Light The Dark Album Release Party at Blue Arrow Records in Cleveland went really great. It was wonderful to see all of my Ohio friends again. And now, thanks to Courtney Yost (Facebook) and Kira Heeley (Photobucket), you can browse not one, but two photo galleries from the show!
- KYMN Radio Interview & In-Studio Performance
From Jessica Paxton's December 3rd edition of "All-Wheel Drive." - Includes an interview and in-studio solo performances of "Wise Blood" and "Upward Down" from the album LIGHT THE DARK.
Visit the "All-Wheel Drive" page @ http://kymnradio.net/2012/12/03/all-wheel-drive-december-3-2/
- New Album, LIGHT THE DARK, Released Today
- You can watch a preview by and get a glimpse of myself and my talented collaborators working in the studio, or you can listen on Spotify or Soundcloud.You can also stream the whole album for free at the all new...If you live in Northeast Ohio, you can pick up LIGHT THE DARK in person at Blue Arrow Records (16001 Waterloo, Cleveland) for the exclusive price of $10. And don't forget to join me there for the Album Release Party on Saturday, December 22nd.Regardless of where you hang your stocking-cap, you can get your very own copy of LIGHT THE DARK at any of these fine online shops…
- "Light The Dark" Album Release Party, Dec. 22nd in Cleveland, OH
Join me and few of the fantastic musicians who played on LIGHT THE DARK for a special, unamplified performance of the entire album (and maybe a few other favorites) at Blue Arrow Records on December 22nd.
- "The Vinyl Countdown" @ Blue Arrow Records in Cleveland
"The Vinyl Countdown" was filmed at Blue Arrow Records in Cleveland, Ohio--where I'll be celebrating the release of Light The Dark on December 22nd with an all-acoustic in-store performance--and features my top five favorite records on their shelves.
Trace the development of my musical tastes, influences and idiosyncratic collecting and listening habits--all from the couch of this amazing independent record store best known for its 1300 square foot album-cover floor, which is covered entirely with vintage LP sleeves (you have to see it to believe it!).
- (Final) Production Vlog #50: LIGHT THE DARK Album Preview
In this final update to the Production Vlog series, you'll hear clips from the finished versions of "Who You Say, Wise Blood, The Fall, Fear Followed, Upward Down," and the album's title track, "Light The Dark."
You'll also see video of the album-takes as they were recorded and interview segments from Yours Truly about where these songs come from, what some of them are about, and why I feel compeled to share them with you.
- "Upward Down" My New 'Bloody' Music Video
The music video for "Upward Down" is now live. Director Bobby Makar and I finished it over the summer, and he did such a great job, it was difficult not to release it the second the final edit was uploaded. I’m very pleased to debut it here now.
Check out the moment at 2:44 when I accidentally cut my finger. Even though it wasn’t planned, that slip-up actually makes the whole video for me!
If you dig it, please help spread the word by sharing the link on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or anywhere else you can think of.
- Taking the main stage of The Beachland Ballroom Wed. July 11th
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11TH
Doors Open - 7:30
David Ullman - 8:00
Mary’s Lane - 8:45
Ben Ripani Music Co. - 9:45
CRAIC - 10:45
15711 Waterloo Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44110
Click Here for $8 ADVANCED TICKETS
- Production Vlog #49: Hot Off The Test Presses
Another benefit of "buying local." I was able to pick up test pressings of my new album from Gotta Groove Records on my lunch hour! Immediately after exiting the building, I tear into the carefully packaged records in my car like a kid on Christmas morning.
- Opening for Johnny Cash's Granddaughter March 30th in Akron
Join me as I open for Johnny Cash's Granddaughter, Chelsea Crowell next Friday at Musica in Akron!
As if her lineage weren't intriguing enough, Ms. Crowell's 2011 album, CRYSTAL CITY made NO DEPRESSION'S Top 10!!
Get your discount advance tickets for $9.99 HERE!
- Production Vlog #48: Cauliflower Audio - Mastering for Vinyl (Part 2)
Head engineer Adam Boose @ http://caulifloweraudio.com walks us through his gear and workflow for mastering a digital/vinyl dual release.
- FREE for 1 Week: DOG DAYS (Deluxe Digital Edition)
Four years ago today, I released my debut album Dog Days. With the new album nearing completion (final mix session this Sunday), I thought I'd offer up a fancy--and, for one week, FREE--edition of my first one!
- Start Anew
- Deja Vu
- If You Can
- Coming To
- Let Go
- In Dreams
- You and I
All Four "B-Sides" From the Dog Days Sessions
Exclusive Video Downloads
- Who Cares
- The Making of Dog Days
- Secondhand (Music Video)
- Deja Vu (Music Video)
- Behind the Scenes of the "Deja Vu" Video
...and a 14-Page PDF featuring reviews, write-ups and Q&A about the making of the album!
- Production Vlog #46: Asian-Bluegrass Cello for "Wiseblood"
In between takes at Elevation Studios in Cleveland, OH, cellist Tara Hanish (http://tarahanish.com/) talks us through the various approaches she used in the song "Wiseblood"--including the more modern and unconventional chopping and ponticello techniques.
- Production Vlog #45: iPhone Overdubbing Cello Parts
Tara and I employ the iPhone's Voice Memo to get an idea what two cello parts might sound like together before heading back in to the studio.
- Production Vlog #44: (Empty) Boot-Stompin
Before heading back into the studio for the final sessions, I take a stab at recording some foot-stomps for "Wiseblood" in my apartment. The more successful approach owes more to filmmaking (Foley artists) than typical music production techniques.
- Production Vlog #43: Fundraising Finished!
Thanks to the unbelievably generous support of 78 "Fantastic Fuelers," we were able to raise $3,230 through the Rockethub site. Add to that the off-line contributions of a handful of individuals, as well as the hundreds of concert-goers who attended the fundraising shows, and we were able to gross over $4,300!
- New "Fueler" Reward Added: A "GreenBoot" Canvas Bag
Starting TODAY, contributions of $75 or more will be rewarded with A signed copy of the LP--including a complimentary CD version; an invite to a “Secret Album Release Show” wherein I’ll play the whole record in sequence; a DVD compilation of all 40+ behind-the-scenes Flip Video Production “Vlogs” chronicling the making of the album--including a few that didn’t appear online; all of my previous CDs; a digital copy of the record a month before it’s released--complete with CD-sized album art and liner notes; and, the exclusive “I Helped David Release His Record” button--all stuffed into a 15x15 davidullman.net "Green Boot" canvas bag! Get yours @ http://rkthb.co/4469
- Production Vlog #40: New Fueler Reward - Green Ukelele
If you're the first to contribute to the "Release David Ullman's New Record" campaign (http://rkthb.co/4469) @ The $150 Fueler Level, you'll receive this custom Green Mahalo Ukulele!